The Bell

The first bell was presented to the Presbyterian Church, Prescott, in 1873 by Maria Boyd, wife of Reverend Robert Boyd. It weighed 1500 pounds and was destroyed in the 1892 fire.

A new bell, now weighing 2500 pounds, was cast in that same year by Meneely and Company in West Troy, New York, and was presented to St. Andrew’s by Mrs. C. Anna Corbin.

The inscription on the bell reads:

Presented in 1873 to
The Presbyterian Church, Prescott
By
Maria, wife of Rev. Robt. Boyd, D.D.
Destroyed by fire January 13, 1892
Recast the same year and again
Presented by Mrs. C. Anna Corbin
Originaal weight 1500 LBS. Present weight 2500 LBS

*(spelling of “originaal” as is on the bell)